The RF-1200 represents a big leap in SHOEI's sport helmet evolution. Years of development, wind tunnel testing and on-track rider feedback have contributed greatly to this model's emergence. We've tried it and we LOVE it!
Standard Solid Colors: ($485.99) – choose Black or White
Matte & Metallic Colors: ($498.99) – Matte Black or Light Silver
Sizes XS – 2XL
SPECS AT A GLANCE
Light Weight Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell Construction
• Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design; compact and aerodynamic, with attention paid towards wind noise reduction without blocking road noises.
• Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
• Dual density EPS liner accommodates more compact design without compromising ventilation flow
• Includes breath guard and chin curtain
• Superior ventilation as a result of rigorous wind tunnel testing
• Large lower three-position vent, three upper vent intakes and four uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents
3D Max-Dry System II Interior
• Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider's head, allowing comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high-speed riding
• 3D-shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
• Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
• E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider's helmet
CWR-1 Shield System
• Shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
• Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
• Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
• PinlockÂ® pins and lens insert included
• Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
• Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning the base plate for easy shield adjustments
Standard Chin-Strap Clip
• Neatly secures chin strap
Standards: Snell-M2010, DOT
Construction: AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi-Ply)
Weight: 3.46 lbs / 1570 grams (approx, based on size Medium Solid Color)
SLIM AND LIGHT
SHOEI has reduced the weight of the RF-1200 by using a slimmer design and building a distinct line into the side of the helmet that also serves as an accent. As a result, the new SHOEI RF-1200 is lighter than any other Snell certified helmet in the current SHOEI lineup.
The new RF-1200 design is wider the bottom of the helmet making it easier to put on or take off. Further advancing the comfort of the AIM+ shell is the industry leading four shell sizes it comes in. Extensive wind-tunnel testing has helped SHOEI to realize a practical aerodynamic shape that limits the lift and shake that high speeds commonly create while riding. The slim, aerodynamic design made through wind-tunnel testing will lessen the load on the rider's neck and create a more comfortable riding experience.
The impact-absorbing dual liner consists of two layers incorporating different densities, helping to effectively balance the potential impact applied to the more rigid shell.
Through advancements in the aerodynamic shape, improved interior linings and a new and improved shield system the rider will experience a very quiet and comfortable riding experience. The interior of the RF-1200 has achieved a balance of a comfortably soft fit and a firm, stable hold. The removable cheek pads utilize soft polyurethane foam, covering six layers of hard polyurethane to reduce shaking. The bottom of the cheek pads feature a high volume design, filling in the distinct and aggressive accent line of the shell of the helmet, comfortably forming to the riders neck and blocking wind from entering the helmet. The new design of the cheek pads also improves the motion of the neck, thus helping the rider to check traffic behind him/her for example.
The RF-1200 features a new shield system that continues to offer the rider the best in optical performance. The new CWR-1 Pinlock shield features ribs on top and bottom of the shield to improve rigidity and eliminate bending of the shield caused by wind pressure or the opening and closing of the shield. Independent beading in the top and sides of the helmet help to keep the seal of the shield tight and eliminate any excess air.
In addition to the CWR-1 shield, SHOEI has developed a new base plate for the RF-1200. The Quick-Release Self-Adjusting base plate is spring-loaded and pulls the shield back onto the helmet, sealing it tightly against wind and rain. The addition of a new five-stage rotating dial allows for fine tuning of the base place for easy shield adjustments.
Rigorous wind tunnel testing has resulted in the improved ventilation of the RF-1200. A large lower three position vent, three upper air vent intakes and four uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents combine with the Dual Density EPS liner to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS liner.