The Navigator V is HERE! Co-developed by BMW and Garmin International, the Nav V GPS is an exclusive BMW product. That means there won’t be an equivalent Garmin consumer unit that fits or functions nearly as well on your BMW.
The Navigator V boasts many improvements in features, such as:
• Bigger, brighter 5" display (with same external housing dimensions as NAV IV) with improved readability in direct sunlight.
• The integrated storage capacity has been doubled compared to NAV IV (8 GB instead 4 GB).
• Extended data communication via LIN bus with K50/K51 (My Motorcycle pages, warning and status messages).
• Expanded operating concept with Multi-Controller of K50/K51.
• Improved route planning and navigation logic.
• Pre-loaded lifetime (LMU) maps for North America.
• Pre-loaded North America BMW Dealer Data base.
• Optional Garmin Smartphone Link for traffic information in real time, latest weather en-route and more.
• A2DP Stereo Bluetooth technology for hands free telephony, turn-by turn directions and built in media (MP3) player.
• Identical attachment mechanism to NAV IV fits in the existing LIN holder of the K48, K50/K51.
• 3.5 mm jack plug (for headphone connection) and MCX socket (for connecting external antenna).
Choose your Nav V with or without the Advanced Cradle (WITH Cradle is an additional $100.)